Boslen Publishers took part in the MMKY 2020 exhibition.
At the beginning of September this year Russia held the largest book forum of international scale - Moscow International Book Fair, in which "Boslen" publishing house became a participant in 2020.
MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR 2020
Traditionally the fair is held on the territory of the 75th pavilion of the All-Russian Exhibition Centre in Moscow. However, due to the pandemic, the event was moved to the Manezh Central Exhibition Hall in Moscow in 2020. The webcast organized on the site allowed to "visit" the exhibition not only to Muscovites, but also to all residents of the country and Russian-speaking foreign countries who were unable to attend the event in person due to the epidemiological situation in the world. This year, the guest of honor at the exhibition was the Republic of Korea, so part of the joint activities were carried out in an online format.
The booth of Boslen Publishers attracted the attention of many visitors and guests of the exhibition. At the same time, three books of the publishing house were the finalists of the "Book of the Year" award, which was summed up at the exhibition:
- in the "Non-fiction" category - Evgeny Yamburg's "The Art of Enlightenment. Practical Cultural Studies for Teachers and Parents";
- in the ART-book nomination - Velimir Khlebnikov "Zangezi: A Super Story";
- In the nomination "Book of the Year" - "VHUTEMAS. Polygraphic Faculty. 1920-1930: in 2 volumes": volume 1 - Teachers. Student works. Collective works of graduates; volume 2: Short biographies of artists, who studied at the Faculty of Graphic Arts).
Fire Book 2020
As part of the MIFF in 2020, the national book design competition "Fire Book" was held, with several of the publisher's books shortlisted:
- "Zangezi: A Supernarrative," by Velimir Khlebnikov; designer - Workshop of Boris Trofimov (Institute of Business and Design), illustrators: Asya Alyoshina, Svetlana Gafarova, Valentina Erofeeva, Sofia Karavaeva, Elena Klepova, Irina Klychnikova, Evgeniya Kolesnikova, Ekaterina Kudelina, Tatiana Laponkina, Alexandra Medvedeva, Nikolai Radchenko, Ekaterina Tarasova, Anna Tolchinskaya;
- "People on the map. Russia from edge to edge" by Vladimir Sevrinovsky; designers - Anna Naumova, Kirill Blagodatskikh; photographers - Vladimir Sevrinovsky, Yuri Burak;
- "Marina Tsvetaeva. In the Rays of a Working Lamp. Collection of poetic translations" by Elena Korkina; designer - Svetlana Dudarchik.
Besides participation in the exhibition as an exhibitor, the publishing house "Boslen" held several events, in particular, five presentations of new books.
Together with the "Rossiyskaya gazeta" newspaper the publishing house presented a book by the journalist, writer, translator, editor-in-chief of the "Year of literature" Mikhail Viesel "Pushkin. Boldino. Quarantine. A Chronicle of Self-Isolation in 1830".
Together with the House-Museum of Marina Tsvetaeva there was presented the book "Marina Tsvetaeva. In the Light of the Working Lamp. Collection of poetic translations".
Another new book was "The Art of Enlightenment. Practical Cultural Studies for Teachers and Parents".
Also, together with the famous cultural historian Irina Sirotkina, her new work "Dance: Experience of Understanding" was presented at the exhibition.
In collaboration with the Elena Obraztsova Charitable Foundation, the publishing house "Boslen" presented a collection of selected lyrics by the world famous opera singer Elena Obraztsova "I take everything in my voice...". The presentation was attended by Elena Obraztsova Foundation General Director Natalia Ignatenko and opera singer, People's Artist of Russia Larisa Kurdyumova.
The presentation also featured the premieres of romances to lyrics by Elena Obraztsova performed by Valery Makarov, the Grand Prix winner of Elena Obraztsova contest, soloist of the Bolshoi Theatre and student of Moscow conservatory, and Lada Merkulieva, laureate of Elena Obraztsova contest, student of Moscow conservatory.
Established in 2002, Boslen has evolved from a production company into a publishing house specializing in the production of original non-fiction titles and albums. Publishing house is distinguished by a special attitude towards polygraphic level of the book, search for new forms and design solutions, striving for technological innovation, as well as enthusiasm and a wide range of creative interests.
Publishing house "Boslen" publishes books in several genres: drama, folklore, historical prose, poetry, fiction, biography. Among the literary directions, in which the company works, the following publications: fiction, biography and memoirs, children's literature, natural sciences, art and art history, history, literary criticism, history of folk costume and applied literature.
Partners and customers
Company clients are various state organizations and institutes:
- Publishers. Publishing house of the European University in Saint-Petersburg, publishing house "PROZAiK", publishing house "Rudomino Book Center";
- Museums. House-museum of Marina Tsvetaeva, museum-reserve Abramtsevo, museum of cosmonautics, museum of the Moscow Art Theatre, Museum of the Silver Age, Russian Museum of Ethnography, Sergiev Posad State Historical and Art Museum-Reserve;
- Institutes. Institute of Business and Design, Workshop of Boris Trofimov, Institute of Translation;
- Public and private organizations - MGIMO Alumni Association, Valdai International Discussion Club, Moscow Agency for Recreation and Tourism (MOSGORTUR), Human Rights Council under the President of the Russian Federation.